No matter how you feel about it, the web has reached the point of no return for small businesses. If you are a small business owner and you are not on the web, then unfortunately you are likely to be losing sales to competitors who do have a web presence.
Having said that, finding a small business web site solution is no easy task but is one that every small business owner needs to be looking at very carefully now. Why? Because most if not all of the major search engines are now developing “local search” capabilities. This is an obvious area of growth for them, and the result is that more and more people are searching online for local requirements.
The implication of this is that the more traditional way of looking for a bicycle shop or florist or dentist in your area is being replaced by web searching – and if your business isn’t online, then they aren’t going to find you!
When you create a small business web site, it has to meet several criteria in order to prevent your website becoming yet another cyberspace casualty – floating out there in cyberspace with nobody paying it any attention. These criteria include:
1) It has to get targeted traffic
2) It has to address the needs of your customers
3) The small business owner must have control over the website so that appropriate changes or additions can be made whenever the need arises.
4) The website must be “live” at all times – no good having a website that is down and therefore unreachable by searchers.
5) The cost in real terms must be affordable and the benefits tangible.
When you create a small business web site though, the benefits are far reaching and multi-faceted.
The website can:
1) build trust and deepen relationships with existing local customers by providing friendly, personal information about the business, useful business specific content, “web site only” specials etc.
2) raise your local profile above that of competitors.
3) get targeted traffic which can turn into new customers.
4) generate entirely new income streams through complimentary advertising on your site, google adsense etc.
4) Expose your expertise and knowledge to a far wider audience, not only locally, but both nationally and internationally – and who knows where that might lead?
In summary, you can grow your business and profit when you create a small business website. If you don’t take the plunge soon, you could be left behind.
Start Your OWN Business
Build the foundation for business growth. Don't delay sign up and start living the life you want today.